The new bounce method which changed slightly in 1999, is very similar to the old method with just a slight difference. This will explain a tried, tested and proven way to bounce an email message or a news group post that continues to work as of 9-23-2007 just as it did way back when in that last century.
(1) Send or forward the post or email to yourself. If you received an e-mail no need to forward naturally.
(2) Delete the text (words) on the subject line, Cmd + delete will delete an entire line. Oh you might want to remove your signature at this time. Why clutter with excess codes as your signature codes will appear anyway.
(3) From the subject line tap Return two (2) times. This is accepted method since the method first called for two times pre 1999, then three times and now two times once again when this was first written in 1999.
(4) Then hold the Alt key down and tap the letter Z. Although any key will work the § (Alt + Z) symbol is most widely used.
(5) Then hold down the Cmd key and tap the letter A (copy). This will highlight the symbol.
(6) Then while holding down the Cmd key and tap the letter X (cut). The symbol will disappear.
(7) Put your cursor on the subject line and then hold down the Cmd key and tap the letter V (paste). This will put (paste) the symbol there. Don't worry if the symbol doesn't stay on the subject line, actually it only goes to the second line of the subject area, as this is how it works now.
(8) Now tap your Return key and send the message to yourself.
You should receive the sent message in a very few seconds. This method will allow a programmer to properly edit the syntax of a users signature box. The URL's are clickable and will show unnecessary spaces in an URL. If you see a 3D this is a WebTV bug and AO= is a space read this and neither are cause for concern. After using CC&P for the bounced codes use Find, Cmd + F, and type in 3D and tap return, then tap the delete key and then use Cmd + G and keeping repeating until you hear that thunk noise and the 3D's all gone then do the same with AO= and then you'll have a corrected text. If there are a great number of 3D and other bounce bugs to kill, this Bug Zapper tool can be a big help. Paste the bug infested code in the textarea and hit 'Clean Code' and all bugs are zapped.
One Handed E-mail Bounce
Here's a way to bounce an email or post without using your keyboard or what I call a one-handed method. The first address in my e-mail address book is AAAAA which have firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org although the latter is the only addy working of late (August 2005) but was nuked by their ISP in November 2005. When you're ready to forward the e-mail or post just use the remote to click on everything and send with your signature off (easier to see just the codes you're seeking). The reply will return rather quickly from the postmaster saying mailbox is full and the message will look just like the Alt + Z method. The umich.edu and bnl.gov addy's were not bouncing on or about 11 September 2004 and FYI the upgrade of 2.9 does not have a thing to do with their inability to bounce. The respective webmasters of those two domains simply disabled that feature plain and simple.
Another Way #1
The command <html><xmp> has always worked but is not as user friendly as the above method is. The above method will show all of the header coders etc etc but this will will not. The tag of </html> is not necessary to use with the above and in fact I very seldom use that code in e-mail and sometimes not even on a web page.
Another Way #2
You may also forward a post or e-mail to email@example.com and when you get a reply you'll have to click on a link to see the results. I tested this method in September 2007 and it did not work?
Another Way #3
Tools 736 came up with this way. Go to this link and cc&p the codes in the textarea then place in your subject line after deleting what's there of the post or e-mail you are forwarding to yourself.
Another Way #4
Copy and cut the below codes and paste them in your message write area and forward an e-mail or a post to yourself and you'll receive the message in just a few seconds. The codes will appear in the textarea. This is an easy way to edit as needed. Now cc&p them and go from there. You'll notice I used c= instead of color= and s= instead of size= well just another small thing that the WTV browser allows. Change the colors as you see fit.